Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Rose Colored Glasses

Today I have decided to take a new outlook on life. I have been feeling a bit sorry for myself lately and things need to change. Here is a sample of the new views I am going to take:

Old - I am bummed that I am still live this tiny house. Due to Delmar being self-employed we will need 1 more good tax return to get a loan.
New - I have a house with a working heater/air conditioner and a non-leaking roof. I don't need to use a baby monitor to hear The Menace. I can clean the entire house in 2 hours. Small house but great yard.

Old - Delmar works long hours and often on Saturdays. I need to see him more.
New - I have a great husband. Delmar has work and an income. He comes home every night and misses us as much as we miss him. My husband is hardworking and doesn't sit around waiting for miracles to happen.

Old - The fertility meds and lack of exercise have made me chubby.
New - I must have it good if I have enough food to eat that I am getting chubby. I am lucky to have the funds to spend on expensive fertility drugs.

Old - The Menace is consuming. I can't get away to workout let alone have some time for me.
New - I have a beautiful, healthy, happy son. My son loves being with me and is learning so many new things. This might not be true if I were making sure I had enough "me" time.

Old - I need new clothes. Everything is wearing out and becoming out of date.
New - There is an entire wardrobe waiting for you to return to that pre-pregnancy weight. Most of the items are classic staples and won't look dated. Besides I am not internationally known for my trend setting fashion
Ok, so this view isn't that positive. Sometimes the truth is the truth and you just have to deal. As for the rest--I feel better already.

6 comments:

L said...

I find that wandering the aisles of Corporate Cancer (Wal-Mart) to be helpful in lifting my attitude on life. Can always find someone in there worse off than you...on lucky days you can find cross dressers who put on face makeup to resemble a cat.

Winder said...

Lars-So true. Have run into any cross dressers at Wal-Mart but that place is full of weird folk.

Funny story. Delmar came home from Wal-Mart one fine day laughing harder than I have seen before. I guess some lady didn't want to walk from the far side of the parking lot so she parked in the cart return. He walked past as she was trying to squeeze out of her door, which would only open a few inches. Classic!

L said...

That is amazing....what was she driving a mini cooper? I don't see how a car could fit into the cart return...

Winder said...

The Wal-Mart had one of those Costco sized cart returns. I don't remember what car exactly but it was just a sedan. Now whenever we see one of those parking lot circlers, you know the type waiting for the closest spot, we say (of course they can't hear) try the cart return.

L said...

That is pretty good. I don't think I will ever look at Costco cart returns the same.

Aubrey said...

Winder, xoxoxo. Love this post. It takes courage to be positive.