Tuesday, February 23, 2010

I'M LOSING IT!

Lately I have had some serious brain flatulence. Here is a small list of my flub-ups:

I purchased a super size pack of paper towels. I only buy the "Select-A-Size" variety. The other variety produces a lot of waste. I bought a super size pack of the normal type. duh

Old navy jeans are on sale. I need jeans. Most of my denim have holes in the crotch. I really need to mix up my jean look. I wear the only two pairs without holes everywhere. I purchased two pairs. I bought two almost identical pairs. duh

Delmar is out of shampoo. I used a coupon at Costco to buy an extra large container. I placed it in the shower for immediate use. I bought conditioner. duh, duh, duh

Delmar asked what is wrong with me. I couldn't figure it out. I determined I have lost my mind. Then it dawned on me. I take The Menace (yes I am changing his pseudonym again, long story) with me everywhere. I spend my time singing, pointing out letters/numbers, keeping him from climbing out of the cart, etc., etc., etc. When Delmar purchases anything he is alone and can take time to think. I would love to see what he comes home with if he had to shop with The Menace. Then again maybe I don't.

3 comments:

L said...

Whenever someone asks what is wrong with me I like to respond, "Lots of things but we don't have enough time to get into the details." I hope you got your massage. You certainly deserve one Winder.

Aubrey said...

Oh!!! This is gospel. Just remember, when you are actually raising your kids at the store, these things do happen.

If you let them run and menace the village, the village raises them, but your purchases are correct.

Rabid said...

I feel like you need "We've only just begun" by the Carpenters. Don't be surprised if you end up with in you mailbox.

Just remember that the absent mindedness will get worse before it gets even worster. Part of the job description, I'm afraid.