Saturday, May 01, 2010

OVERJOYED

I met Sparks yesterday!

Yes Rabid the exclamation point is necessary. I was so excited I could hardly contain myself. Though I tried to play it cool, I was with Rabid and didn't want to look like a complete nerd (I am always a bit of a nerd). Just as luck would have it Rabid went to the restroom as Sparks entered the restaurant. I gasped, out loud. Then did a Winder fashioned double arm wave. I was sure she thought, "who is the goonberry waving at me?" The Winder of course. The three of us ate and chatted. Also in Winder fashion, I chatted the most and think I ate the most.

Sparks is adorable and even more petite than I had imagined. Between her and Rabid I felt like Stay Puff the Marshmallow Man. Well not that big, but they are both tiny. She is polite, witty, and a great listener. How can you not be when I am excited, you really have no choice.

The food was not too shabby either. I find that I am still craving the Butternut Squash Soup. Or maybe I am just craving the fantastic company. Either way I hope to have a meeting with that fabulous gal again.

6 comments:

L said...

Lucky! Jmakin told me how lovely both the Rabid and the Sparks how. Tengo Celos.

L said...

are not how* brain functioning is deteriorating.

Jessica said...

Fun! I've had meals with Rabid and Sparks separately, but I can't imagine how entertaining it would be to have lunch with them together.

Also, I highly doubt you looked like the Stay Puff Marshmallow Man.

Winder said...

C.C. I wonder why the brain malfunction. You haven't been taking tests or pulling all-nighters studying or anything.

Megan said...

"Polite, witty, and a great listener?" You flatter me. Thank you.

If it is any consolation at all, I felt like I talked too much, didn't listen at all, and came away looking like a total selfish, know-it-all, prissy doofus. Know thyself, He says. And I think I do.

Stay Puff. Don't make me laugh. As if. It's here that I take the opportunity to call you a moron. Because I like that word. A lot. And because it's a completely moronic thought--that you could look like the marshmallow man. Hah. Moron!

Thanks for a truly delightful afternoon.

Rabid said...

See?! I told you so. You never listen to me... (buwah hah hah hah!)