Thursday, April 22, 2010

PANIC

We must have copies of our driver's license and Social Security card in order to get our FBI background check complete. All in order to complete our adoption paperwork. Wouldn't you know Delmar says:
"I don't think I have a SS card."
"What!" I say.
"Who doesn't have a SS card?"

We then proceed to comb through every possible location. No SS card. I begin to panic. Delmar starts to reminisce. He managed to locate a wallet containing all of his student I.D. cards, rec. center memberships, swimming pool season passes, and a ticket to every concert he has ever attended. He has all of the aforementioned items and no SS card.

Trying to contain myself I ask:
"Is there anywhere you might have it?
Anywhere?"
He then states, "My mom might have it filed somewhere". Great, Just Great. Now I know we are in a mess.
To my surprise within 5 min. of his phone call Delmar's mom calls back and has the card.

Miracles do happen everyday.

2 comments:

L said...

So glad you guys found it. Paperwork sucks. You are in my thoughts...hope the application process goes smoothly and you get a baby Winder!

Rabid said...

If he hasn't had his SS card, then how on earth does he know is SSN? His memory must be magic!