Saturday, December 12, 2009

Reason 8,263

Here is reason 8,263 why I will never buy another Volkswagen -- Sweet German Engineering!

The battery in my Touareg died. No big deal you say. WRONG. My dear hubby (who is quite the car repairman) spent half an hour trying to find the battery. The battery is not where one would think. It is under the driver's seat. After reading through much of the manual he found that there is a post under the hood to use for a jump start, though Volkswagen doesn't recommend jump starting or charging your battery. Wait, there is more. Not only is the battery in a most ridiculous place. We haven't been able to find one for under $300. That is if the hubby replaces it himself. The entire driver's seat must be removed.

Enough, I want a different car. I am tired of spending $100 on oil changes, $50 on wiper blade replacements, $1500 on drive train repairs, etc. The worst part is I have actually loved the car. It drives awesome in all conditions, turns better than any compact I have ever driven, and is the perfect height for placing a child in a carseat. I just don't want anymore surprise expenses.

Take my advice (unless you are one of the elite who don't mind costly repairs) never buy a Volkswagen.

1 comments:

Megan said...

You're not the first person I've heard this from (not that I'm in the market for a car or anything like that); how sad, because VWs have such nice shapes.