Friday, December 18, 2009

Delmar

When I started to blog a few years ago I determined that I wanted to post in complete anonymity, if possible. As I pondered upon what name to use for my husband I drew a blank. Rabid was already using Spouse which, in my opinion, was and is the best name. Out of sheer laziness I chose to call him "dear hubby". Never loved it. Due to recent events I have taken time to think of a better name. From this point forward dear hubby will be known as Delmar. For those of you who know us personally you will find this to be more humorous than those of you who don't.

My favorite part is: the rough translation of Delmar from Spanish means "of the sea". When he is in water--any form--he's truly in his element. This photo is of him putting on a show for tourists doing back-flips off the rock in Cabo. He will do a back-flip off almost anything including cliffs while skiing. He used to frighten me with his shenanigans. I have since learned he is what he is and I can't and won't change him. He is an amazing husband and father. I couldn't ask for anything more, well...

Now I just need to develop a pseudonym for my son. When I was pregnant Rabid and I called him the wart. I can't use that anymore, he is too cute. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Rabid said...

What about The Menace?

Winder said...

Rabid I was thinking along those same lines. I think I may have even used it before.