Wednesday, February 20, 2008

4 Weeks--Afraid to Count


So, I am down to 4 weeks before the creature inside me pops out. I am excited and nervous all at the same time. Unfortunately this has all greatly impacted my blogging. Oh wait, I was a blog slacker before that so no excuse for me.
Anyway, back to my real thoughts. I have finally just decided (with the help of some good friends and the labor and delivery nurse sister) to stop letting everyone get to me. For example a friend at my baby shower (which was like 2 weeks ago) had me in a panic because I don't have a bag packed for the hospital. Thankfully, my sister told me "the baby will still come out fine without the bag, all we need at the hospital is your naked body". Hopefully I will be able to enter the hospital with some clothes on even if they aren't clean.
Note to self for the future keep any horror stories to myself and don't frighten any other poor sap first timer. If you are reading this and have had a child, try to remember that and be real yet positive when talking to a potential nervous wreck like me or another scared to death first time mother-to-be.

3 comments:

The MacMizzles said...

No kidding. I hope I handeled your shower with poise. I remember that so well. Everyone was obsessed with having my experience be like theirs. It's weird. I feel ya.

You are going to do just fine. One thing I have decided is that many define themselves by their labor experience, like it's the monumental moment in their life. My favorite was that I had people assume how I felt about the whole thing. From Labor etc. I didn't even know how I felt about everything you know?

But Winder, you are going to do just fine.

rabidrunner said...

I remember packing a big ol' bag for yahoo #1... and you know what I used out of that bag? My camera. So just take the camera.

I don't remember taking anything with yahoo #2. 'Cept ibuprofin 'cause they charge the insurance company $8 a pill.

Winder said...

Hello! you two are the others besides my sister who help me to feel like I can do it. If I didn't have great "real" advice from you guys I would be up a creek.