Monday, August 27, 2007

Fantastic Birthday Gifts

So, last week I had a birthday. It was a nice somewhat relaxing day. It was the day before school began for my students. I had to work, but sometimes it isn't so bad when I actually have time to get stuff done in my classroom.

My first gift was a nice visit from rabidrunner and the two Yahoo's. It was great to have a visit at work. They brought me a fabulous "hand crafted" beanie and a cute dress. The dress was a little big read on to understand why.

My parents and sisters gave me clothing to wear to work.

My dear hubby gave me silicon oven mitts and trivets, two Big Bubba Kegs, and money to buy new clothes. He knows better than to try and guess my size.

Another sister gave me the DVD "Wild Hogs" I recommend it to all.

I also received two cookbooks from a friend and from a sister-in-law.

I think my best gift actually came on the day after my birthday. I had a doctor's appointment and my hubby and I got our first look at our Yahoo in the making. We saw its little heart beating like mad, weird looking eyes, and limbs with fingers and toes. We were also able to see it move twice. It was quite exciting. It has been a little hard to believe that after 6 years we are finally on the road to parenthood. WOW!!

I didn't scan our ultra sound photo in, but it looks something like this:


It sort of looks like it's not much, but to us it was the best news in a long time!

7 comments:

XANA-DIVA-DELUX said...

The Diva is a little choked up right now, okay a lot choked up. I cannot wait to meet this little being!

rabidrunner said...

It's not a yahoo it's a wort! Contratulations.

Winder said...

Oops I forgot all about the whole wart thing! I will remember to call it that next time.

The MacMizzles said...

I hate to inform the rabid, but warts grow on the outside of the skin, they become warts after birth, until then they are a festus. MUST FEED FESTUS. YIPEE!

rabidrunner said...

Yes indeed. Warts are on the outside. Worts are attached to uterii. They're sexually transmitted, but not a disease.

Biker Babe said...

I have to say, I have learned some pretty fascinating things from you all the past couple of weeks--worts vs warts, man boobs, funky punctuation illnesses. Wow!

Congrats winder on the yahoo on the way! And happy birthday! (rabid, I consider a pregnancy and a birthday a little out of the ordinary, therefore I used exclamation points. I just didn't want to get busted by the punctuation nazi {insert smiley-face emoticon here})

Mandee said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.