Wednesday, January 20, 2010

SKI BUM


I am married to a pathological Ski Bum. What is that? You say there is no such thing. Come to my house and you will see it is true. Delmar has spent his entire life skiing and/or finding a way to pay for skiing. He learned to ski at such a young age he doesn't remember learning to ski. His skiing has been considerably hampered by his recent attendance of law school and opening his own law firm. Has this squelched the desire to ski? Absolutely not. Despite the depth this inner need to ski burns within, Delmar is pretty good about spending time with the Maniac and myself.

I recently discovered that I would be required to attend two baby showers over the next three weeks. I told Delmar "Why don't you plan to go skiing on the days I have baby showers, and spend the other Saturday with us?" He thought this was a great plan. Then it hit. Snow. The mountains are starting to gather the white stuff. You can see the drool dripping from his chin as he watches the local weather report. It looks as if this will be a great weekend to ski. The only problem is this isn't a Saturday I have a baby shower to attend. I feel bad that I don't want him to go. He skis dramatically less than when we were first married. Yet, I want to spend time with him. (No I can't go with him--our skills are well, let's say drastically different. I must wait until he relieves some pent up adrenalin.) What is a girl to do?

1 comments:

L said...

I feel bad that you have baby showers to attend. Those game....man oh man those games kill me slowly with each shower. For some reason it seemed like it had been FOR.EVER. Since you had appeared in my google reader, but really I just forgot to comment on the last post, my bad.