Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Chapstril or Nostick

Two weeks ago (yes, it takes me that long to post) we were leaving in the late afternoon to visit family. I decided to close the curtains since it would be dark upon our return. While completing the task I noticed that my lips felt rather chapped. I thought to myself, "I will need to put some chapstick on before leaving". As I closed the bedroom curtains (they are on the hubby's side) I noticed my the hubby had two chapstick containers on his nightstand. Thinking I would save time by not going around to my side I used his. As I was using it I noted that it was very narrow and almost cone shaped. I thought I would need to ask him how he managed that and left.


While eating dinner with family, the discussion turned to the frost bitten nose damage that my hubby suffers from due to very cold ski days. He then proceeded to explain that the tip of his nostril area is very chapped and he has to coat it with chapstick. The sudden realization as to why his chapstick is cone shaped hit me and I sprayed soup across the table. It wasn't that I hadn't seen him do this, I just wasn't thinking as I used it. We laughed about the event on and off for the rest of the night. In fact whenever he uses the stick we both burst into peals of laughter.

1 comments:

rabidrunner said...

AND THAT'S WHY.... (as arm spews off and blood squirts)... YOU DON'T SHARE CHAPSTICK.